We offer a level 3 Award in Leadership & Management, tailored for managers of volunteers. This option is available as an in-house programme, and is typically delivered over a 6 week period, with workshops at fortnightly intervals.
Do you manage volunteers as all or part of your job? Would you like to work with experts to gain the essential information needed to manage volunteers well? If so, the Fundamentals of Managing Volunteers programme will help you to get the best out of your volunteer team and the opportunity to achieve the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management.
“Many thanks to you both for all your invaluable help & support. This course has undoubtedly been the most useful that I have ever undertaken – Thank You!”
Lin Osborne, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
This programme consists of three full day workshops at regular intervals. Workshops are interactive, involving a variety of group work and activities to help you learn from each other as well as from your course tutors.
Assessment is through two written assignments and you will be offered tutorial support and guidance to help you achieve your qualification.
Participants on our previous courses have often told us how much they value the networking and peer support encouraged throughout.
This course is currently offered as an in-house programme arranged at dates to suit you.
• Work within a legal and policy framework for managing volunteers
• Develop attractive volunteer roles
• Attracting a diverse range of volunteers
• Select the right volunteers for your roles
• Induct volunteers
• Support and develop your volunteers
• Motivate your volunteer team
• Plan and organise volunteers’ work
• Delegate effectively
• Give and receive developmental feedback
• Recognise and reward the work of volunteers
Typically this programme works out at between £400 and £500 per person for an in-house course. This includes:
• Three full day workshops
• Telephone induction session
• Guided learning between workshops
• Tutorial coaching and support for assessed work
• ILM registration, assessment and certification
• Six months’ free membership of the ILM
• All hand-outs and course materials